Student Council Hosts First Boys Volleyball Game

On Friday, March 6, the first boys volleyball game at South Lyon East High School was held.

The teams were juniors vs. seniors, with members of the Girls Volleyball teams coaching them. The teams had been practicing for three weeks before their face-off and were ready to compete.

There was a big turnout from the student section. Many students came out to support their classmates; they were loud, energetic, and engaged in the match.

The first set was dominated by the seniors, as they won 25-19. The juniors took the next two sets, winning 25-18 and 25-17. The seniors got back on track, winning the fourth set 25-23, bringing the match into overtime.

“I wasn’t nervous going into it,” senior captain Aidan Dobbie said about overtime. “We were playing a game; I felt fine”.

Through a close and intense fight, the juniors won the final set 15-11. They won the match 3-2.

“Maybe we didn’t have a lot of talent, but we had a lot of energy and effort”, junior Thomas Kraemer said regarding their win.

Everyone involved enjoyed the experience, and it’s something that the school plans on doing again next year.

“I had a lot of fun practicing and playing with all my friends,” said senior Alex Neville on his time playing on the team. “It was cool to be a part of something new to the school.”