The Student News Site of South Lyon East High School

Beast News

Beast News

Beast News

Prep for Spring Sports

By Tommy McKeon

The boys Lacrosse team had a lot of success last year blowing teams out weekly and only losing a total of 3 games. They blew through the conference last year winning it outright and not losing a single game.

Last year, there season ended in the district finals in a defeat against Detroit Catholic Central. This year, however, they have a tough schedule.

“I look forward to taking on tough non-conference opponents,” Senior midfielder, Nick Harvath said. They take on Hartland in their opener and will rematch against Detroit Catholic Central on April 26.

“The off season has been very good” Harvath said. They have workouts every Monday at East, Wednesday and Friday at South Lyon from 6-8.

The Baseball team is looking to do better this year. They had a pretty good season last year, but they’re looking to make it past districts this year. The off season has been going very well,” Bursick-Harrington said when being asked about the off season. The batting cages are open on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after school.

The Softball team, also coming off a decent year is looking to make it past the district round as well. The batting cages are open on the same days as baseball; Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after school.

The girls varsity tennis team is hoping to continue the great success they had last year after making it to states. They’re having workouts on Mondays and Wednesdays after school.

The boys golf team is hoping to win some more matches last year after having mildly good success last year. There currently are no workouts for them right now.

The Track and Field team is hoping to have another very good year last year after having 18 athletes qualify for states and winning regionals as well as a team. They’re currently having workouts on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30 to 3:30 after school.

The girls soccer team have tryouts March 11 and 12 at Total Sports Wixom. Time TBA.

All spring sports will begin on Monday, March 11.