The Student News Site of South Lyon East High School

Beast News

Beast News

Beast News

South Lyon East Annual Pink Out

South Lyon East Pom shows their support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

[huge_it_slider id=”25″]

Every year, South Lyon East has a Pink Out in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

For this year’s annual Pink Out, the spirit started early with Class Color Day. On Wednesday, East students wore their class color: freshmen wore red, sophomores wore purple, juniors wore blue, and seniors wore black.

On Thursday, students were twinning with one another, whether it be in pairs or in a group. Some were simple pairs with matching clothing and others came up with elaborate costumes.

Friday finished off the week with everyone donning pink in support of Breast Cancer. At the end of the day, the entire population of the school wearing pink gathered in the gym for a photo.

Unfortunately, the Pink Out Tailgate was cancelled due to weather, but the game was still on. Friday night, South Lyon East Football took on Walled Lake Northern at home.

At halftime, the Cougars were up 13-0 on the Knights. As the end of the 4th quarter approached, the game was tied 20-20, and the game went into overtime.

The Knights won the coin toss and started with the ball, but failed to score. To win the game, Hannah Becker scored a field goal, winning the game 23-20.[KGVID]https://beastnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/RPReplay_Final1571075313.mov[/KGVID]