Halfway There: March 3, 2021

Podcast by Phil Sigouin.

This week we talk with Ms.Munger about upcoming events including 2021-22 scheduling protocol. 

QUICK COUGAR UPDATES

100% School Days

Next week classes will go back to non-optional, in person, 100%. There will be no meets running during classes, so make sure you show up to class! Wednesdays will stay the same, with classes at home starting at 8:45am.

AP Students

The deadline to register for all Advanced Placement Exams is March 8! If you are a semester two only AP student, beginning a new class, you need to sign up and pay for exams completing the two step process. Any student can sign up for exams now or cancel exams, with a full refund.   

2021-22 Scheduling

Teachers will be presenting scheduling information to students on Wednesday, March 10 during 1st and 4th hours.

Lucky Basket

The Freshman Student Council is selling raffle tickets March 4th – March 16th in the cafeteria for a lucky basket.The drawing will take place on Wednesday, March 17th at 2:30pm, in room 3418, or remote (code: freshmenstuco), depending on your situation. Get your lucky tickets for only $1 each. The Best of Luck to Ya!🍀

Senior Shirts

If you ordered a Senior Shirt through the online store, they have arrived and are ready for pick up! They will be distributed during lunches, or can be picked up from Ms. Pyles’ room (2202) after school. VLP students may pick their shirts up from the main office between 2:30 and 3:30 pm daily.

If you did NOT get a chance to purchase a shirt the first time around, BSN Sports has generously opened the online shop once again. The price of the shirts has gone up, and we’ll need a 12 piece minimum in order for the sale to go through. This is the FINAL chance to purchase a senior shirt if you haven’t already. Deadline is March 15th. Use this link to purchase yours today: 

https://www.bsnteamsports.com/shop/EastSeni21 

SLE Fundraisers

Every year, students participating in a club, team, or organization usually have a fundraiser to raise money for their group or to donate to a charitable cause. All current fundraisers are on the SLE website under the School Links menu.

SLEF Perseverance Award

The South Lyon Educational Foundation (SLEF) announced that the 2021 Perseverance Award application process is now open. Two $1,000 scholarships to South Lyon seniors will be awarded to one senior from each high school. The Perseverance Awards are made to recognize students who have overcome significant obstacles in their lives or demonstrated dramatic academic improvement throughout their high school careers. There is no G.P.A. requirement, only that eligible students must be accepted and plan to attend an academic, vocational or technical school or program in the fall. 

The scholarship application can be found here.

All electronic submissions must be due to [email protected] by Thursday, April 22nd. The scholarships will be presented to winning seniors at seniors honor nights in June. (If some form of the celebrations cannot be done this year, other arrangements will be made)

The scholarship application is also available at the SLEF website.

New Hallway Pass System

SLEHS will be implementing a new hallway pass system through a program called e-hallpass. This digital system will allow East staff to see who is in the hallway at any given time.

Important Dates

St. Patrick’s Day : Wednesday, March 17th

Spring Break : Monday, April 5th – 9th

Easter : Sunday, April 4th