Halfway There: Week of March 22, 2021

Podcast by Caroline French:

Quick Cougar Updates

OSTC

OSTC Wixom Campus is hosting an Open House for programs on Tuesday, March 23 at 6:30 (in person)  at their Wixom- Southwest Campus

ALL ATTENDEES MUST SIGN UP TO ATTEND

AP Tests

The College Board has announced modifications to the 2021 AP exam schedule and testing format. This year, AP exams will continue to be 3 hours in length. Some AP exams will be administered in a paper-pencil format at East, while others will be digital.  The SLEHS schedule is at the link below:

AP EXAM Schedule

Battle of the Beasts

If you are interested in playing in the Battle of the Beasts flag football game against Juniors and Seniors, there is an informational meeting today at 8:00am. The google meet code is DuncanK, and game day is May 12th at 7:00pm.

Updates Regarding Prom

Currently, Prom is being planned to be held outdoors on June 4th or 5th, depending on interest and gathering limitations of potential venues. This event will be held for South Lyon East Seniors only with no guest passes available. We want to make sure all Seniors who want to attend are able to do so and gathering limits must be considered when selling tickets. 

Career Club

Wednesday, March 31, 2021, the SLEHS & SLHS Career Club will be hosting a Virtual Information Technology Careers Event 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. This event is open to all 9th-12th grade high school students. Students have the opportunity to learn about careers in Information Technology through a panel discussion. Additional event information is available to students in their Student Services Google Classroom. 

Join this event on March 31st with the Google Meet Code: Careers

Cooking Club

There is a virtual cooking club after school on Wednesdays at 3:00 for all to attend. If you are interested, use Google Classroom code: R45IHHY, and Google Meet code: cookingsmith.

SLE Fundraisers

Each year many South Lyon East High School students participating in a variety of clubs, teams, and organizations plan fundraisers to either help support their organization or to donate to a charitable cause. All current fundraisers are listed on the SLE website under the School Links menu, Fundraisers 2020-2021.  

Cougs Together

If you haven’t already, make sure to follow  CougsTogether on Instagram. Cougs Together is a student group working to raise mental health awareness at East. They deliver weekly strategies on motivation, stress relief and coping skills. 

Important Dates

No School Today!

Green Out : Thursday, March 25th

No School : Friday, April 2nd

Easter : Sunday, April 4th

Spring Break : Monday, April 5th – Friday, April 9th