Everything you need to know for homecoming week!

Next week, October 8-12 is homecoming week here at South Lyon East. Every day consists of events to get ready for the homecoming dance, the homecoming game, and of course, show some school spirit along the way!

New this year: If students are not able to participate in dressing up according to the given spirit day theme, there will be a color option to dress in accordance with instead of following the theme; making sure that everyone can participate during spirit week!

Spirit day themes and lunchroom activities throughout the week

If students participate in the spirit day by dressing up in the given theme or color for that day specifically, they will receive a ticket from their first-hour teacher. Students will be able to put the tickets they received from first hour into the spirit week ticket box in the lunchroom during all lunches every day during all of spirit week.

It is the student’s responsibility to make sure they put the tickets in the spirit week box. If the tickets are not placed in the box, students will not be eligible for the homecoming raffle that occurs during the pep assembly which includes prizes like a free homecoming ticket, a free parking spot, and a prom ticket.  

Monday, October 8, 2018-

Today is the first day for spirit week, so students can dress as a school appropriate Vine or meme, or if they cannot do that, show their pride by wearing white for the whiteout alternative.

At lunch, students will be able to purchase homecoming dance tickets for $15.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018-

For the second day, students can have a mental mindset in Florida for a beach day, or yellow out if students cannot participate in that spirit theme.

At lunch, students will be able to purchase tickets for the homecoming dance for the second day in a row for $15.

Also, today is the first day for lunchroom activities. Today students can participate in a pizza eating contest during all lunches.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018-

Besides today being the juniors’ PSAT testing today, all students should wear their favorite denim outfit for the spirit theme. If students are not jean savvy, they should wear blue attire.

Tickets will be sold for $15 again at lunch.

Today is another day for lunchroom activities. Students will be able to play Simon says during all lunches.

Thursday, October 11, 2018-

Students can represent their graduating class during the day! Today is a class decade or class color day for all students. For staff  and facility members, wear anything from the high school that teachers have attended, like a varsity jacket, t-shirt, sweatshirt, etc.

The decades/ colors for each class are as follows:

Seniors- the 50’s/ silver or gray

Juniors- the 80’s/ purple

Sophomores- the 70’s/ blue

Freshman- the 90’s/ green

Today is the last day for tickets to be available at lunch for $15, so make sure to get them asap!

A hula hooping contest is the last lunchroom activity for homecoming week that students can participate in, which will also happen today during all lunch hours.

Friday, October 12, 2018-

The day of the homecoming game! Students should show your Cougar pride by wearing black for the blackout, which is also the theme for the homecoming game against Milford that same day at 7:00 p.m.

Also make sure to attend the homecoming tailgate before the game starting at 5:00 pm on October 12

This the last day for students to pick up a homecoming dance ticket at their lunch hour. The ticket prices are raised to $20, but make sure to get them before they are raised again to $25 at the door of the homecoming dance on Saturday, October 13.

Ticket sale information

Today is also the pep rally for the homecoming game. Students will follow a “cougar hour”  schedule, meaning ten minutes less in each class. At the end of 6 hour, students will be dismissed to go to the pep rally and sit with their graduating class.

For any more information feel free to contact administration or student council.

Happy Homecoming!